I was in a very feminist mood today. So I started thinking of Emma Watson. I’m a fan-girl, and a proud one at that. It’s not every day that you come across a talented actress who studied at an Ivy League university and became the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador before the age of 25! But Emma has proved that fame is not the answer. She has always perfectly balanced her work with her studies and never compromised on her education for her career. She is counted among the most influential women in the world and has no qualms about living life on her own terms. She is role model to me, and to a million other girls out there.
So I put together a list of 7 times when we fell in love with her all over again.
1. When she was a true Hermione
2. When she embraced her individuality
3. When she told us how trivial the opinion of others is
4. When she told us it’s okay to be different
5. When she recognized her inner beauty
6. When she told us a woman is not doll
7. When she told young girls they don’t have to be princesses
We love you for the person you are, Emma.
Thank you for childhood full of memories.